Following the dentist’s orders after a dental procedure is important. For instance, it is important to make sure that you do not drink alcohol after tooth extraction or you can face difficult problems. Did you know, for instance, that if you drink alcohol after tooth extraction it can encourage bleeding, as well as delay healing. Avoiding alcoholic drinks post-extraction for at least 24 hours will allow the blood clot to develop and avoid further problems.
Whether you are looking for a dentist for a wisdom tooth extraction of you are in need of something more serious like a lower jaw surgery, it is important that you work with an experienced oral surgeon who can perform the surgery correctly and give you the best advice about the recovery progress. From partial dental implants to wisdom tooth surgery, there are many dental procedures that can help you live a pain free life, in addition to looking your best self.
Consider these facts and figures about the dental industry and the impact that it can have on not only your comfort, but also on the nation’s economy:
- More than 35 million Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws, according to prosthodontists.
- 35 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) disorder.
- 50% to 66% of those with TMJ disorders will seek treatment. Among those who do not, approximately 15% will develop chronic TMJD.
- Performed on 5 million Americans each year, wisdom teeth removal is an outpatient procedure that requires substantial recovery time at home.
- When dentists refer to impacted wisdom teeth they are talking about the third molars at the back of the mouth that do not have enough room to emerge or develop normally.
- 69% of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have at least one missing tooth.
- 25% of Americans over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
Finding the right dentist is the first part of making sure that you get the dental care that you need. The second part, however, is just as important. You must, for example follow through on the follow up appointments and you must make sure that you follow all of the rules that the dentist gives you in the days and weeks after the procedure.